At Creative Kids Child Care we provided healthy and balanced meals including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea for our growing and inquisitive little guests.
A healthy body is also a very healthy mind. The benefits of healthy eating for kids is an important one, every child needs to receive all of the necessary nutrients for growth and development.
At our child care centre we believe a healthy diet and plenty of fun outdoor physical activities can stabilize energy, sharpen the mind and improve the overall mood of children, which then allows them to maximize their potential inside and outside of child care, preschool and school.
Research suggests that introducing your child to healthy eating habits whey they are young can pave a path for healthy eating as they get older, and carry good eating habits right through their entire life. In short, feed them up with the good stuff right from the get-go, and you will set them up for life.
As parents we all want the best for our kids, we want them to grow up healthy and happy, however sometimes the healthy part takes a back seat from just plain old fussy eating, busy lives and the ridiculous amount of exposure to junk food advertising, which can seem like an impossible task.
There are lots of ways parents can provide healthy eating for their kids, and get their five a day into them without much fuss.
Benefits of a healthy eating child
- Develop strong bones
- Grow to be big and strong
- Can apply themselves at school
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Keep active and alert
Try to make sure you child’s diet consists of:
- 33% bread, potatoes, rice
- 33% fruit and vegetables
- 15% dairy food (milk, yogurt, cheese)
- 12% eggs, meat, fish, beans (all sources of non-dairy protein)
- 8% drinks and food high in sugar or fat ( a little bit of sugar and fat is needed)
Five fun ways to get fruit and veg into your kids
- Get a NutriBullet Excellent for getting all the weird, wonderful and important fruit and veg into their diet. They think they are having a fantastic tasting smoothie. Get them involved with the chopping and all the different fruit and vegetable combinations.
- Create shapes, designs and faces with the fruit and veg, you can be as creative as you like. Even encourage your child to make whatever they like too.
- Cook with your child. Getting them involved with the process is a sense of achievement, they will feel super proud they have made something for mummy and daddy.
- Use the sneak option. Ever heard of a tropical pumpkin smoothie? Or sweet potato French toast?
- If all else fails – get them while they are hungry. If they are hungry they will eat.
If you would like anymore ideas on healthy eating, just ask one of our child care friendly staff. At Creative Kids Child Care we provide a balanced and healthy diet for all our kids from baby day care, child care and preschool.
Creative Kids Educare Child Care Centre, Gold Coast